Monday, December 28, 2020

Winter Cabin - SOLD


 

Someone had said they would love to see a few more "vertical" paintings & not just horizontal. I do both, verticals & horizontals - even some square. I've done paintings with a 2:1 ratio in size -- love these on certain compositions. For this, a simple vertical of 9x12 with a wooden cabin reflecting in the frozen water. And of course, snow covered trees (seems to be a focus of mine lately)

I think this is far more impressionistic than my usual style. Usually, when I do buildings, I fuss a great deal on perspective & lines. Every angle needs to be perfect. But this time, I did the lines freehand with my brush & didn't stop to check angles. This was fun for a change (and I told that inner voice to be quiet this time!) Ha

How many other artists have that inner voice that tries to control the painting? And how often do you tell that voice to hush. I may need to do it more often!

1 comment:

Helen said...

Ahhh... That inner voice can be so helpful... and so annoying...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...