Thursday, December 31, 2020

A Different Art Form

 


My mother was very crafty. She could sew and her work would rival any professional seamstress. She also knit, crochet, embroider, needlepoint, etc. And as a child, she taught me all of those same skills. 

Advance forward a few decades and I find myself working some of those skills now. Although I can't hold a candle to her skill at sewing, I am what I would call an advanced crocheter. I have done doilies, tablecloths, even clothing in my past, but with the 2020 pandemic, I found myself picking up the crochet hook very often. 

It is a stress reducer, but I like the advanced pattern, many that I find on the internet and through certain facebook groups. Some are not in English so I need to study their video's intently to follow. 

I have put some of these finished items up for sale on my website and I will add more. Many of these are one of a kind, but I can make others. Everything is hand-crocheted using 100% cotton thread. You can find them here:

Of late I am working with "Filet crochet" which is a series of graph-guided repetitive stitches that create patterns & images. I find it fascinating at how far you can go with it. 

I wonder how many other traditional artists do different art forms?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...