Saturday, December 26, 2020

Snow Covered Road - SOLD


 

Recently we moved (my husband & I) to live full-time in the Adirondacks of NY state. We have had a vacation house there since 1997, when we bought a summer "camp" on one of the lakes. We spent time & money to modernize the home -- the original kitchen was a piece meal setup of old, wooden cabinets from the 1940s & 50s. None of them were worth refinishing so a new kitchen was done at the same time that we altered the roof line to add space (and eliminate the need to shovel the roof for snow load).

Now that we have both officially retired, we chose to sell the home we had for decades in the crowded area of New Jersey and live full-time upstate. Of course, we chose to do this during a pandemic which did tend to complicate things a bit. However, the house sold in less than a month which is pretty common right now. We moved everything - and I do mean everything - upstate with use as there just wasn't enough time to clean out everything that was "extra." 

You have no idea how much "stuff" you have that you don't need until you move! 

But back to the art. A few days ago we had our first snowstorm which gave us 20+ inches of snow. Everything looked ready for a White Christmas. 

Nope! Christmas brought warm temps & rain. A lot of rain, and the snow is now basically gone.. At least, until the next storm.

I started this painting when we had 20+ inches. LOL

Still playing with light & how it falls, also warm vs. cool temps. Another online instruction, but this time I simply used the final product as my reference rather than do a step by step instruction.

Not sure it is done, but I do have a tendency to tweak things often. 

2 comments:

Sea Dean - Paint a Masterpiece said...

I love it. We have also had snow, but it froze, so everything is crunchy. I think today its a bit warmer so perhaps a melt? I know what you mean about tweaking, the only way I can stop is when it goes to exhibition or is sold. A suggestion for a tweak here is the two spots of yellow on the distant trees. I would eliminate one, I prefer keeping the brighter, more central one, but I think its a matter of choice. Then as far as I can see, its perfect.

Nan Johnson said...

Thanks Sea, yes, I see the yellow. Good idea to eliminate one of them and I think keeping the brighter one is a good idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...