Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Visitor

"The Visitor"
8 x 10 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

You do know what they say about spotting a Cardinal in your yard? It means a visit from a loved one on the other side. So when I look at my bird feeder and see this beautiful red bird, I smile & say hello. It could one of a few of my relatives, stopping in for a quick visit. 

The Cardinal is a gorgeous red bird that stands out in any crowd. The males have a beautiful, full red body while the females are brown with subtle red areas. Both have an unmistakable face & beak, and both make a single chirp sound that I hear so often in the Spring. But these birds, at least in my neck of the woods, are here full year, they do not migrate south. And they are a welcome sign anytime they are seen.

This painting is done with acrylic ink & washes, which is one of my favorite techniques especially with birds. And it is definitely a close up!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...