Monday, January 2, 2017

In the Country

"In the Country"
6 x 12 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Many of my paintings are done from photographs. But this particular one is really from my mind. I spend much time up in the Adirondack mountains in NY state, and I often see images of houses, barns, sheds located near water. I see them in all seasons but because we are now in the winter season, I am going to paint a few of my favorite images in winter.

I had an older painting I did once of a small hunting cabin near a partially frozen lake. It sold & is happy with it's new owner, but it has always been in the back of my mind to redo the image. However, I wanted something a bit more "in the mountains" which is a common sight around our lake house. And very often, the mountains will show their "colors" - I once stopped on a snowmobile in the middle of the frozen lake to marvel at the purple mountain majesty that was in front of us. Nature is truly beautiful.

This painting combines many of the images I hold dear - the mountains colors, the little barn by the water, the reflections.... all things that I love to see, and also to paint!

-------------------------

I do want to wish everyone a very Happy New Year. I've been a bit vacant from the web during the holiday season mainly because I caught a bad cold/virus and was down for a couple of weeks. But I'm glad to say I have returned. I believe 2017 will be a good year! 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...