Friday, May 6, 2016

With Syrup & Butter

"With Syrup & Butter"
9x12 acrylic on canvas
On Exhibit

If this looks familiar then you are familiar with my work! This is a re-paint of a still life I did some time ago. The original had sold, but I liked this image so much I decided it needed to be painted again. Some slight changes from the original and I think I did the syrup better this go around! 

And, as luck would have it, a Call to Artists came out for an exhibit in upstate NY where the theme was "food - good for the soul." Perfect timing! I entered this, as well as my "On the Cob" (ear of corn closeup). I was thrilled to learn that this one was chosen to be in the show! Unfortunately the shows opening reception is this evening and I can not attend, but I'm so happy to have a piece in the show! I am hoping to stop by this weekend (or next) just to see all the works from the other artists. 

So I wonder, have any of you ever done a "re-paint" - redid an older piece that you loved. Maybe improved on it, or changed the composition or color? Would love to hear that I am not alone in this practice!

--------------------------

Artists Note:
Many things have been going on of late. Some good, some exciting and some changes that are, well, changes. 

Firstly, it appears that my day job (the income producer) will be ending in the not too distant future. I have been with this company since 1979 so this has been a long, long relationship that is about to end. It is sad, indeed. But I have always used an expression "everything becomes a use-to" and this is another moment for that to be true. It is with mixed feelings that I face my good-bye's on this. And I am not sure where I will go from here, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I find it a tad bit exciting (and scary also). 

Secondly, I have been active behind the scenes with entering an assortment of art shows & exhibits. Some I did not get in, others I am still waiting to hear from. I have also done another home portrait, have a dog portrait to be done, and saw the grand opening of the bank that commissioned the historic diner painting called Hagler's. I will once again take part in the Art Trails weekend in upstate NY in August, and plan to be in Art in the Park in New Jersey in the Fall. 

Very thankful that I have my art with me these days. It keeps me sane!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...