Thursday, May 12, 2016

Norwood Farms Road

"Norwood Farms Road" - Maine
6x12 acrylic on canvas
Email me if interested in this painting

This painting is for this months VPO which is visiting the southern portion of Maine. The original Google map view can be seen here.

What a photogenic area to explore in Google maps. I love the rugged coastline and the road 1A travels close to the water in many spots. I've already picked out a second spot to paint! 

Also, Google has revisited some areas & photographed them again. But the map will allow you to choose the year/view you wish! The top left corner will indicate with an arrow if there are additional views available, for example - this scene can be viewed in 2007, 2009 & 2011. So there are additional views of the same location that you can paint from. (the newer years are in HD, while the older years may not be as clear).


**** Unfortunately I found out that this image can't be in the VPO as the location is not in the assigned area in Maine. My mistake! I thought I was in the right spot - when you are zoomed in on the map it can be very easy to lose track of where you are. But the painting is still a good one (in my opinion), but I'll be going back to the drawing board, so to speak, for this months VPO!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Artists Note:
This 6x12 ratio has become one of my favorites to paint! I have been calling them my "slices of life" series, and I have been steadily adding to the gallery. These will be the feature in a few art shows this year - and I intend to paint a few larger ones with the same ratio (I have 2 blank 10x20 canvas's just waiting their turn). 



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...