Monday, May 23, 2016

Bird on a Branch

"Bird on a Branch"
6x12 acrylic on canvas
Email me if interested in this painting

This painting was done for the challenge with the Facebook group Photos for Artists - the theme is birds. The photograph used as a reference is from photographer Russ Bridges - he does some wonderful bird photographs & graciously gave permission for this to be painted.

I used the 6x12 slices format, cropping his image to fit the window. I then sketched the little bird (it's a Dunnock or Hedge Sparrow) & the branch. I then decided I would do an acrylic ink & wash technique for this one. I love the look of the black ink lines contrasting with the softness of the washes of color. I also think it's a great way to work with a bird's feathers. The soft background is a nice contrast to the details of the branch & bird I think. I am very happy with how this one came out!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...