Sunday, August 2, 2015

Intangible Night

"Intangible Night"
8x10 acrylic on stretched canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

It has been a very hectic month - well, at least July was.  It does not seem that August will quiet down too quickly. Most of my energy have been split between my day job and the dog. 

The day job had a major project that just rolled out last weekend. So far, a few minor glitches which I was able to fix, so knock on wood - going ok. But I have to say, it took a lot out of me getting to the "go-live." As I get older, I find I can't do the loooong hours like I use to. Working 24 hours straight seems to be a bit draining, as does 21 days straight. But it is done (I hope). Now, except for some coverage for others who are on vacation in August, things should get a bit quieter there.

As some of you know, I have an advanced senior dog who requires quite a bit of extra attention. Which gets difficult when you are working the amount of hours that I have been. But I juggled, and my husband is a help. Poor old guy - I hug him as often as I can.

So, this painting done last year, was one of a 2 I did on a black primed canvas. I did love doing these! And with the recent "blue moon" on July 31st, I remembered I had painted this. I also came across it recently as I was pulling together items for Art Trails in Northville NY. 

Art Trails is a self-guided tour of various artists studios in upstate NY. The first one occurred last year, and it was a lot of fun, so I signed up again this year. For those of us who do not have a studio, we can participate one of the mutual locations added to the trail. I will be at the Inn at the Bridge this year - looking forward to it. It's a wonderful building at the edge of the lake, just at the end of the bridge, which operates as a bed & breakfast. There will 4 of us artists sharing space there this weekend. 

Here is the Inn at the Bridge website, and if you're ever in the area, be sure to pay them a visit. They also do a wonderful Sunday breakfast!
http://innatthebridge.com

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I'd been wondering where you be, Nancie. Glad you got your project live and the little fixes complete. Your poor puppy...sigh... Love this night sky piece so much!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...