Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Blue Corn Cafe

"Blue Corn Cafe"
9x12 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This month the Virtual Paintout (VPO) is visitIng Santa Fe - and it is a most wonderful, colorful area! Such a delight to roam around - and I'm quite sure I will do more than 1 for this VPO. The original Google view can be seen here.

The blue's caught my attention in this, but also the patterns & lines. The blocks of sunlight falling on the walls & stairs. And what an inviting entrance to a cafe! All those tiles lining the stairs going up! 

-----------------------------------------

Artist's Note: I just noticed how long it has been since I last posted in my blog, and I do apologize for my absence. I hadn't painted anything new throughout those few weeks, in fact, I wasn't very near to my art during that time. Family obligations, graduations, weddings, day job all kept me running and left little time for artwork. 

I am also now caring for a senior dog whose days are indeed numbered. My best friend turned 17 last month and he is showing signs of advanced age. It is a very hard thing to do, to "carry" someone to the end of their days - be it human or animal. But I swore I would not put him down simply because he was an inconvenience - he deserves better than that. The vet says he appears to have no disease, he is simply old. So my husband and I are devoting extra time to his care. If you can, please say a small prayer for my "puppy." Thank you.



2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a cool painting, Nancie! My heart goes out to you, your husband, and your baby.

Sea Dean - Paint a Masterpiece said...

You've certainly got your priorities right. I wish your doggie a safe journey to heaven, whenever he chooses to go. He obviously picked the right parents.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...