Monday, May 11, 2015

Rooseveltova

"Rooseveltova"
9x12 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

We are now traveling around the Cesky Krumlov in the Virtual Paintout (VPO). This scene I found while wandering & all the various lines caught my eye. You can see the original map location by clicking here.

Partly because of the yellow on the building, and the signs, and the shadows, and the angles - I just wanted to paint this. I added the potted plants as I felt the hardscape needed a bit of softening. I originally thought to do a 6x12 of this, but could not put in all the items I wanted within that space. 

I might do another in this location this month. I'm still exploring, so it's possible!


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Definitely a European type of place, and I knew it before even reading. I can see why this location caught your eye, Nan. And as always, you've done it fine justice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...