Thursday, May 21, 2015

At the Pond

"At the Pond"
6x12 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This is another painting of the VPO's Cesky Krumlov location. The original Google view can be scene by clicking here.

I liked all the greens in this, and of course, the water. But I wanted to get the highlights on those trees - they are almost backlit, which is a challenge to try & capture.

I also thought the 6x12 format would work well with this scene. It gives it sort of a wide angle view, which I like on certain landscapes. 

I have one more painting sketched for this location. Not sure if it will be done in time to submit to VPO, but I will paint it anyway. 

---------------------------

I still have plans to do some new, large pieces. Have a plan (or two) in mind. Now, I just need to find the time to sit down & develop those plans!


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Nancie, this is just gorgeous. It captures childhood dreams of my own perfect place to live.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...