Saturday, July 5, 2014

Stone Stairway - SOLD


"Stone Stairway"
9x12 acrylic on canvas on hardboard
Available through DPW gallery/auction

I think this painting is done. At least, I am calling it that way now. I have played & struggled with those magenta tones for hours and I believe they are done. Reds can be so finicky to work with sometimes. I wanted them to help lead you up the stairs and at first I had all of them in with details galore. But that looked so busy, I redid the upper ones (which would have been further away from the viewer) with more blending of the colors rather than detailed. Like that much better. Plus the original version did not have the spot of magenta flowers in the lower left corner. It was simply a green bush - but if threw the painting off balance. Adding the few flowers in that green bush did the trick & everything worked (& felt) much better.

So, I wonder what is up those stairs.....

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh to have a little fairy tale house at the end of this beautiful path! Gorgeous, Nan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...