Monday, March 24, 2014

Rose Bud


"Rose Bud"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

I am so done with this winter - but it keeps hanging on! It's a cold 21 degrees out there, with a wind - brrrrrr. So to defy Mother Nature a bit, I am going back into the flower paintings. I don't know if it will change the weather, but it can definitely make us "think" of spring & summer. 

This flower bud is unfolding - I liked the photo since it shows the rose just before it pops open completely. But the folded petals give hints to the different colors inside. I can almost smell this one!

5 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,
Une bonne manière effectivement de penser à l'été que de peindre cette jolie rose. Vous avez réalisé un très beau travail dans chacune de ses pétales. J'aime leurs couleurs et la texture.
Gros bisous

Nan Johnson said...

Merci beaucoup pour votre beau commentaire!

Autumn Leaves said...

It is lovely. Somehow I missed a post, I think? The piece below really reminds me of spring. It is beautiful!

Angela Sullivan said...

Very very pretty. Good job on this rose.

Nan Johnson said...

Thank you all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...