Sunday, March 23, 2014

Barn with Shade



"Barn with Shade"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This is the second submission for this months VPO in Slovenia. This barn along a side road caught my eye, and I love the tree with shade on the grounds & building. I thought it would make a nice change - I'm always fascinated by barns. The wood, the coloring, the enormous size -- and many of them continue to be used even with a broken area & damaged roof.

Driving along some of the country roads in NY state, you are bound to find farms & barns dotting the horizon. It's a symbol for a way of life - a way that is not easy, but can be rewarding. 

This image is in the country of Slovenia, but what I like is that this scene could be anywhere there are farms.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...