Monday, February 3, 2014

Red Awning


"Red Awning"
6 x 12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Third in the series of entryways, this one is again from Iceland. Iceland, for some reason, has wonderful entryways & front doors. I found the country fascinating to roam around.

Again, it's the lines & the shadows that caught my attention, not to mention that luscious red. 

I've had a lot of fun doing these 6x12 entryway paintings - I may take a break for a bit. I have a new commissioned home portrait to do next and I also need to focus a bit on my 2014 Sun art piece. But I will circle back to these entryways from time to time, love doing them & love how they look when finished. I can see all three, matted & framed, hanging together on a wall as a conversation!


4 comments:

Barbara said...

I like the design of this: all the sharp angles and the muted warm colors.

CrimsonLeaves said...

You make me want to paint cool doorways myself. I just have to get out my photos and see what I've taken! Good luck with the commission, Nancie.

William Cook said...

Nice work. I like the series.

Nan Johnson said...

Thank you all. I'm fond of this series also and plan to do more of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive