Thursday, February 13, 2014

Flower & Butterfly - SOLD

"Flower & Butterfly"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through eBay Gallery/Auction

Yesterday's butterfly was so well received that I thought I would post my other butterfly painting. This one was actually done in 2009 so it is one of my oldest pieces. Prior to this painting, I was merely sketching with paint. This is probably one of the first ones I've done where I spent much time with shadows & highlights. Needless to say, I got hooked!

What doesn't show very well in this painting, are the assorted gold highlight lines in the butterflies wings. Since the iridescent paints are so translucent, it acted like a wash to the color, giving it a great highlight. All of this against a very dark, black-like background that makes everything just pop!

And, a very Happy Valentine's Day to all! 


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

That black background lends such a studio feel to this piece. It is lovely, Nancie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...