Wednesday, February 12, 2014

On the Flower


"On the Flower"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through eBay Gallery/Auction

And so the snow is starting every so light at the moment but the forecast is calling for heavy snow, wind and --- well, let's just say it's calling for winter! Tomorrow should be an interesting day. 

But the artist can change the day to be whatever they choose, and I choose to make it summer! This close up of the butterfly on the flower was done last year for a challenge on Paint & Draw Together. I love butterflies, so when this image was posted for reference I started working with it immediately. Of course I had to zoom in closer, I also chose the dark green background. I thought it would make a nice backdrop for the red flower & yellow/blue in the wings.

We see so many butterflies up at the lake during the summer and I can never resist painting them. One of my favorites!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

The red rose is a nice pop of color for this handsome butterfly. Nice work, Nan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...