Friday, February 14, 2014

Single Bloom

"Single Bloom"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through eBay Gallery/Auction



This is called a double daffodil. I thought it such a unique flower that it would stand up well on it's own - as a Single Bloom.

My mother always planted daffodil's and I use to love & watch them grow in the spring. Then I'd see the yellow bud forming & then finally, one day, they would burst open. The apartment where I grew up had a few of these in the backyard, which I was told, were planted by my mother.

We moved to a new home when I was 13 years old, and the new home did not have daffodils. And for some reason, my mother did not plant them again.

Years later, when I was shopping for a home of my own, I pulled up in front of a small house that was for sale. It had a lovely yard, with many flowers growing everywhere. And right in front, surround the small apple tree were daffodils. Blooming bright & beautiful.

I saw it as a sign & bought the house. I've been living in it ever since!


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Never heard of a double daffodil. It sure is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...