Saturday, January 11, 2014

Santa Monica - SOLD


"Santa Monica"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction


Day 11 of 365 days

This was previously painted in early 2013 for a challenge. The photograph was large, showing many homes & beach - but I decided to make a portrait painting of the area. Just some of the homes in the front and the pier and rides in the background. Shapes of color is how this one was painted. Most people tell me they love the blue & pink home in the front -- but I'm pretty fond of those rides out on the pier!


2 comments:

renate said...

Hi Nan:) Lovely style for this painting and beautiful summer colors. Well done!

Autumn Leaves said...

Love the piece below; such an interesting looking gallery that I'd surely stop in to visit had I the opportunity. I remember painting this challenge too though can't remember who ran it and when. Love your take on the scene, Nan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...