Friday, February 1, 2013

Berkeley Street - SOLD


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This is the 2nd painting of VPO's Isle of Man google excursion. The link to the original can be seen here. Loved this house with all it's flowers and the chimneys! My only problem was deciding which view I wanted to paint, this house had so many options. 

Did you ever start a painting one day or night, and it goes really, really well. You're happy with the way it is progressing, but you have to stop for whatever reason. Then you sit down at it the next day, and it's as if a different person is finishing the painting. You can't get the same feel/mood/style back that you had 24 hours before that, and it's a struggle to finish it. I've had that before and so, when I started this painting 4 hours ago - and reached the stopping point 1/2 hour ago - I pushed on. I didn't want to take the chance on not being able to continue it. I'm tired, and I'll feel it tomorrow at work - but it was worth it. Oh, I do love to paint!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh those lilac bushes are stunning! I'd love to see the inside of this grand home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...