Thursday, January 31, 2013

Winter Buildings - SOLD

Acrylic on 8x10 stretched canvas
SOLD - prints available

When I saw this card I knew I needed to paint it - it inspired me to work with the colors. And of course, I never met a picket fence I could resist. It doesn't quite match the original - I only included the area I liked, then enhanced things a bit with the sky & shadows. Did you ever notice that old farm houses are either white or green? Wonder why....

This is the final day of the 30 day challenge. Whoo Hooo, I made it! It posed some challenges along the way, and I now know that if the day comes where I become a full-time artist (one of my goals), I will be able to accomplish much. What did I learn - more about mixing colors, more variety of sizes, more variety of brushes. And where am I at now - more time to get housework done & pay some bills! LOL

I'll keep painting, that I guarantee, and Leslie has invited the artists to post 2 paintings on the weekend of our work. How wonderful of her to offer her blog as a "bulletin board" - I for one did notice an increase of views! Thank you Leslie!


5 comments:

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

Your architectural paintings are always wonderful, Nan. This one is no exception. Lovely scene!

Debra Bryant said...

Lovely fresh painting! I think your color choices are wonderful.

Pam Schoessow said...

I am always attracted to houses and I love this one. Wonderful work!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

nan, I have so enjoyed seeing your beautiful artwork during this challenge, and this is just one more wonderful painting! A great way to wind up the challenge! I look forward to following your blog and seeing more :)

Autumn Leaves said...

I was just thinking that I don't often see green farmhouses. LOL But I sure find this one interesting and wonder at the light inside of the home with so few windows. I'm also dying to see what is behind that upstairs window...attic? beautiful room? You did an amazing job on this challenge, Nancie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...