Thursday, October 13, 2011

Strawberry


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction


This was done for the Rookie Painter challenge which shows a bowl of hard candies and 1 lone candy to the side. I chose to focus on the single candy, zooming in close enough to read the flavor of the candy on it's wrapper. I also did a variation of my "shapes" style of painting for this.

A limited palette was used of Red-Orange, Orange, Cad Yellow Light & Cad Red Light; along with Titanium White for value adjustments. I chose to do the shadows in the same palette, but what doesn't show clearly in the photo are touches of Brilliant Purple in the wrapper. I used a very light version of the Brilliant Purple to do the background.

A fun little painting and I thank Jen for her challenges, they always give options for an artist to explore!

3 comments:

Giselle Vidal McMenamin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virginia Floyd said...

I love the shapes in the wrapper. Gorgeous painting!

Giselle Vidal McMenamin said...

Great painting Nan. Love all the variations in warm colors. Your drawing skills are fantastic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...