Sunday, January 23, 2011

Winter Sunrise - SOLD


This was done for the Wet Canvas Landscape challenge for January. AlaskaDan posted some wonderful images for references and I really liked this scene of the light coming through the snow covered tree. The photos are from the Kenai Pennisula in Southeast Alaska, but this scene reminds me of upstate NY where we spend some time in the Adirondack Mountains. Particularly this winter, when we are getting very cold temperatures along with snow.

Does the painting look cold? I hope I portrayed it -- as I painted this while the mornings temperature was -1 degree F. Tonights forecast is calling for a -16 degrees! We just kept the wood stove well fed & stayed indoors.

Acrylic on canvas 9x12

6 comments:

martinealison said...

Beaucoup de lumière dans cette peinture... Pas simple de peindre des paquets de neige sur les branches de sapin...
Oui j'ai froid en regardant votre arbre mais qui est si beau!
Bises

yasha said...

Nancie this is wonderful work.Love the snow covered tree and the light coming through it.Great work.

Autumn Leaves said...

What a coat of winter snow this tree is wearing! Hope it holds up and lives to see the spring!! Lovely job, Nancie! And yes, I rather got goosebumps when I looked at it so I'd say you portrayed the shivering cold oh so well!!

Virginia Floyd said...

Beautiful sunlight coming through the tree--the only touch of warmth in the painting. And the vaious tones in the snow are beautiful, too. Wonderful painting!

Art with Liz said...

Beautiful colours - a great painting! Could do with a touch of that cold down here!

Becky Joy said...

Beautiful colors. I love the contrast of the warm and cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...