Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Bows


I always loved the sparkle and bling of Christmas wrappings. There was just something so magical, going back to my childhood - rushing out to see what Santa had left and seeing bows & ribbon on everything. My mother had always said that the packaging was just as important as the present. If the wrapping of the present is beautiful, that means the person giving it thought enough of you to wrap it carefully. We did not have a lot of money when I was growing up, but every present (even if only 1 or 2) was perfectly wrapped with the most beautiful and delightful designs. Every package had a bow and a ribbon, and they sparkled under the tree. I must say, I always thought that Santa loved me dearly.

In todays day of gift giving, there are all kinds of bows and ribbons. With sparkle, or lights, or glitter - and ribbon of every color, design & size. And no matter how small a gift I may give, and no matter what the occasion may be, I make sure to "present the present" by decorating the wrapping as carefully as I can. I want the receiver to know they are special.

And I think that Santa still loves me dearly - just ask my husband. He sees the wrappings on the gifts that I open and he just smiles because he knows.

This is my submission for my December painting in the Artists Helping Artists monthly challenge.

Acrylic on 9x12 canvas

3 comments:

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Beautiful! This painting sparkles just like the real bows. It brings back wonderful memories of Christmas.

yasha said...

These bows do sparkle Nancie.The green one stands out.Good one.

Priti said...

Beautiful painting with nice thoughts to go with it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...