Monday, June 4, 2018

The Nest - SOLD

"The Nest"
5 x 7 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

I recently did a few commissioned pieces and now have some time to try a few new things. I did a 5x7 piece as a donation for a fundraiser and it got me started on a new mini - series. And a personal challenge - to try & be more painterly. 

Much of my work has been influenced by my many years in the graphic arts industry. This probably explains my love to do the precise detail work in the home portraits I do. However, I recently left the full-time work arena & I feel the need to strike out from that form a bit. These small canvas paintings is one of my newest ventures!

This one did not turn out as painterly as I had wanted, but I will keep trying. The key, I found, is to use bigger brushes that don't give you the fine lines for details. And also, to concentrate on the shapes.

Anyone else in the midst of changing their lives - and their painting style as well?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...