Monday, February 5, 2018

MMP Series #2 - Van Gogh's Starry Night

6x6 acrylic on stretched canvas
image wraps on 1-1/2 inch sides
Email if interested

I doubt this one needs any introduction - his style is so unique & very recognizable. This was the 2nd in my MMP series which I am revisiting - and plan to expand on.

This was my first artist "love" - Vincent Van Gogh, and to this day, he is still one of my most admired artists. His explosion of color, rough brush strokes (not smooth like realistic painters), and the energy he gave his works -- all captured my mind. I had wanted to paint just like Vincent!  Of course, my style is not near the same. 

But for the MMP series, I chose Starry Night to do one of the Master's pieces. Such a challenge - the color, the brush strokes. And because it's so different than my own style, it gave me angst as I had tried to reproduce his piece! In the end, I was quite pleased with myself on this - still am.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...