Monday, January 22, 2018

MMP Series #9 - O'Keeffe's Floral - redone

6x6 acrylic on stretched canvas
image wraps on 1-1/2 inch sides
NFS

Back in 2015 I had started a series called "Mini Master Pieces." I had done 9 of these small paintings that captured a piece of a master painter's work. I stopped on #9, O'Keeffe's Floral - I was not happy at all with my first rendition. And that stopped the series.

Now, in 2018, I have started to revisit, repaint or remove unfinished works. I have been re-working a few pieces -- some are still in process. Others are, sadly, still not happy. But a few have improved. This floral I count as one of my approvals!

Here's what it originally looked. If was a floral, but it didn't really capture O'Keeffe's piece. And with these MMP's, I try to capture the original artists style, if possible. It's a great learning device, to learn from the masters, as I do small pieces of their master works. Watch for more of these to come soon:


If you're interested in seeing the original MMP pieces I did previously, click this link for a filtered list of my blog posts for MMP.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...