Thursday, December 28, 2017

Boldt Castle Entrance Tower

"Bold Castle Entrance Tower"
8 x 10 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

It has been a while since I posted here and a while since I took part in a challenge. But my goal in 2018 is to get back to my roots with art, and this painting was a first step towards that goal.

I use to paint many challenges, every month, and post them often. But the sales & marketing side of art seemed to have taken over on me, and that combined with my day job demands forced me to spend time away from the easel too much. I did do quite a few commissioned pieces during that time, and I intend to continue with that. But I wanted to get back in touch with my job of painting, and my roots in the process.

This painting is from an image in the Paint and Draw Together blog challenge - one of the early ones I use to participate in. It is also one of the few remaining challenges from when I first started with the online painting world. Much as changed, and is still changIng, in the online art community. For one thing, the daily painting craze seems to have peaked and now fallen. It had it's run, and still exists, but on a much smaller scale. I've decided to continue with online auctions for the start of 2018 to see where it goes. This painting is up for for auction at Daily Paintworks.

Also up for auction over at DPW, are a few of my older pieces. I have these with a very, very low starting bid of only $10 - and free US shipping. Now may be a good chance to purchase a few you once liked!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...