Friday, September 9, 2016

The Heron

"The Heron"
10x20 acrylic on stretched canvas
gallery wrapped sides with image continued
Email me if interested in this painting

As I had mentioned in a previous post, this is another painting done for the upcoming show in October (which I received confirmation on that I am definitely in!). This painting is from a wonderful reference photo from Ernie Griffith.

I love these large, almost prehistoric birds - they stand at the waters edge so silent & still. They study the water & the fish, simply waiting to reach in & grab a bit of food. And when I don't actually see them, I see their footprints in the sand. They love to fish in either early morning or late in the evening. And as it gets dark, right after sunset, you can hear their call - like something from the dinosaurs! Love them!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...