Monday, September 12, 2016

Heron Closeup

"Heron Closeup"
9x12 acrylic on canvas
Email if you are interested in this piece

I had to do another Heron - this photo from  Cindy Fry was too good to pass up! And working with the acrylics, I gave this an almost watercolor look. Shapes & lines is what created this painting, simply shapes & lines. But put altogether, and the Heron comes to life!

The background, at first, was too similar in intensity to the bird & foreground. So I did a simple, light-light green wash on the background elements. Brush on, wait 2-3 seconds, wipe off. It leaves a "film" of paint over the background colors - just enough to soften the colors & dim the vibrancy. (light light green is mostly watered down titanium white, which can mute a color. I was counting on that to create that washed out background in this).

I really like how this came out. I will mat & frame this piece for the upcoming show.

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Magnifique peinture... J'aime beaucoup le travail de votre fond qui met en valeur ce majestueux héron.

Gros bisous 🌺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...