Monday, March 14, 2016

In The Trees

"In The Leaves"
9x12 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This painting was done for the current challenge called "Trees" on the Facebook group "Photos for Artists." It is from a reference photo that was supplied by Photographer Nancy Carter. 

This wonderful group has both Photographers and Painters as members. Photographers upload their photos which are free to use without copyright infringement. The Painters utilize the photos as reference for their paintings. There are more than 11,000 members in this group! And some wonderful photos! 

I loved the geometric look of this photograph, as well as all the strong colors. I chose to paint it with the geometric design - almost a stained glass look. I'm very happy with how it came out!

I'm sure I will be painting more from the photos in this group.

***Update 3/26 - I just found out that I was in violation of the Facebook group (and risked being banned - yikes!) because I posted the photographers image. I thought I was promoting the photographer that way, but turns out I can only give them credit by name, which I now have in place. 

I also removed the link to the Facebook group as I don't think I can do that either. If you are interested in the group, and have a Facebook account, then search for Photos for Artists group & click the join button.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...