Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Louisburg Square

"Louisburg Square - Boston"
6x12 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This "Slice of Life" is from Boston Massachusetts and it is what I refer to as a "re-paint." I originally painted this scene as a 9x12 version for a Virtual Paintout challenge. The original sold (rather quickly) - but I always thought it would make a great slice painting. So I always had it on that to-do list - you know, the paintings you always plan to do!

When I started planning for the 2015 Art in the Park show, I took a look at my to-do list for those scenes that I could do that would work well in a 6x12. This scene worked for me - it's the lamp post! So it was added to the list for the show. 

This painting is still available, as a 6x12, on canvas mounted on hardboard. It has a hanger on the back, along with 2 spacers, which allow this to hang & sit off the wall as if floating. It could be framed as well or stood on a shelf or small easel. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...