Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Trees Ablaze

"Trees Ablaze" - Colorado
6x12 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This painting is one in my series "Slices of Life" - which are all 6x12 in size. This image may look a bit familiar as I previously did a painting of this in a larger size. That painting was sold some time ago, but I always loved the entire scene. So I decided for a past show I did, to re-paint a few of my favorites in the 6x12 format. This is one of those repaints.

Cropping an older painting often gives it a new "look" as the composition changes. In this piece, I omitted part of the sky & the foreground. What I wound up with is a tighter look at the trees.

I did a few re-paints for that show, as well as a few older pieces that were cut to the 6x12 size. I am putting them up for auction through DPW over the next few days/weeks. 

-------------------------------------------

Also - my end of year inventory reduction sale is happening now at my website. Many of my older pieces are there, with slashed pricing. And NO shipping costs within the US. Sale will run through December 31st, but don't hesitate or your favorite may be gone.

http://www.nanjohnsonfineart.com/end-of-year-sale.html

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...