Sunday, December 28, 2014

Laundry Day in Rome - SOLD


"Laundry Day in Rome"
6x12 acrylic on canvas board
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This is a second submit for VPO's December visit to Rome Italy. The original Google link can be seen here.

What is it about hanging laundry that catches the eye? The colors maybe? The items themselves? Or, as it does for me, reminds me of a simpler time when I was young & watched my mother hand the laundry to dry. On this one, I liked the cast shadows as well and tried to capture both. And again, chose the 6x12 vertical canvas so it would enhance the vertical view of windows & laundry.

I tried not to spend too much time on the details and no be so exact in the lines. I wanted this to be a "fun" painting. But I have to admit, it posed to be more of a struggle than I thought it would be. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...