Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Last of Autumn - SOLD


"Last of Autumn"
9x12 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

When I am on the hunt for art subjects to paint, I look at all possible things for inspiration. And my eye will catch patterns - be it shadows of benches or shutters, flowers or even a fire escape or two in the city. Equally as eye catching is the ground, which in autumn, is littered with fallen leaves, pine needles & pine cones.

Such was the case this past autumn while we were cleaning up our upstate NY property. There is a fair amount of property that has a large number of trees, and it really is more of a safety factor to clean these up (the #1 cause of lost homes in the Adirondack Park is fire). This past year there seemed to be a large abundance of autumn debris on the ground.

But suddenly I spotted the 3 yellow leaves, clinging onto a small tree branch. They were a perfect contrast to the reds & browns of the other items - and a lovely pine cone in place as well! Off I ran to the house yelling back to my husband ('don't clean there yet. Wait, Wait!). I grabbed the camera & ran back out to take a series of photos of the area. I knew then that this would be a perfect painting to do!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...