Thursday, September 11, 2014

Venice Restaurant

Acrylic on 12x16 stretched canvas
Email me if interested in this painting

This was quite a challenge for me. All those bricks! I didn't want to totally ignore them, but I didn't want to paint each individual one complete with mortar & highlights! The trick was to do a solid background that was lighter, then use a small, square brush in various shades of the background to create the "blocks." The lower portions of the bricks have been near the water so long, they have moss growing on them and are discolored. 

But I think it was the blue of the doors and on the windows, along with all the greenery, that caught my eye. This was a google street view that I had once found while exploring Venice Italy. I have to go back & try and find the link to the original view (I have it filed away I believe). This is a restaurant that is alone one of the numerous canals of Venice. Can you just image pulling up by boat to that doorway, stepping out & then going in for dinner? Such a life in Venice!


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

So beautiful!! If not for the water, this looks like it could be in the U. S. too!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

What a lovely painting. Good job on creating the look of bricks too.
Blue doors and windows are popular all over the works. I found them even in India.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...