Monday, September 29, 2014

Enchanting


"Enchanting" - NFS
9x12 acrylic on canvas board

This is the latest Home Portrait. What a challenge this was! All that greenery - it was so hard to not lose the house in all the greenery!

When I first received the order & started on this, I worried. I can tell there is a wonderful, old home in there - and I wanted it to be the feature, not the greenery. So the greenery "frames" the windows & door which are this wonderful blue. And then, just for that pop of color - an orange wreath on the door. 

Oh I love this one - would love to walk up to that front door at the end of a long day & just go inside. Surrounded by the greens - bet it's lovely to look out those windows!

-----------------------------

If any of you would like a home portrait done, of any season - please email me! They make a wonderful gift for the holidays!

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Vous avez fait un magnifique travail avec la verdure qui enveloppe cette belle demeure.
J'aime beaucoup.
Je pense que vous avez merveilleusement bien stylisé l'âme de cette maison.

Gros bisous.

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh I do have to agree with you. This house is gorgeous and I too would love to live in with the greenery!

Debbie Nolan said...

Nan - stopped by to visit your blog. This house is enchanting...certainly a place I would love to step inside and visit. Your handling of all the trees and plants make this so realistic. Just gorgeous. Will be back to visit again soon. Also seen you were part of the Blog Hop - great reading about your work. I follow Nancy's work and now I am going to check out Sea Dean's. Have a super day.

Nan Johnson said...

Thank you Martinealison! Yes, I did hope to capture the soul of this home, so wonderful you can tell!

Thank you Sherry - you & I both love the greenery, I know. And the wonderful feeling it gives to the home.

Hi Debbie - thank you so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. I love Nancy's work also - so glad to meet a fellow artist through her. The Blog Hop was a wonderful experience!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...