Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Doorway


"The Doorway"
8x10 acrylic inks & washes on canvas board
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This is my submission to this months Virtual Paintout - Kinmen Island. The original link can be see here.

I have to admit that I knew very little about this island until this VPO visit. Bill described the island on the VPO website as: 

The island of Kinmen is part of a small archipelago of several islands administered by Taiwan. Administratively, it is Kinmen County of Fujian Province, Republic of China (ROC). The county is claimed by the People's Republic of China (PRC) as part of its own Fujian Province's Quanzhou Prefecture.

Interesting place to visit. And very varied in it's areas to paint. Some urban, some rural and some simply vegetation. This took me quite a while to find, but when I saw the open doorway with the plants inside I immediately grabbed my pen!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Love the black lines; just makes this piece pop! Great selection and great find, Nancie!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...