Thursday, June 5, 2014

One of the Flock?


"One of the Flock"
6x12 acrylic on canvas on hardboard
Available through DPW gallery/auction

You may remember this as my painting for "The Traveling Chicken" challenge, a unique challenge where a small yellow ceramic chicken (pictured centered) is mailed from one artist to the next. Each artist creates a painting or drawing with the chicken then ships it on to the next artist. The little chicken (TC as many have called her, or Ms Chick) has her own blog you can read here, and her own Facebook page you can visit here

I first encountered TC in 2012 and that is when the above painting was done. TC has since travelled to 36 different locations and spent time with 36 different artists! She has travelled abroad to such places as the UK, France, Greece, Hungary, the Netherlands & even India! She has also travelled extensively in the USA as well. Throughout her travels she has encountered different struggles & challenges and has gathered an entourage that now travels with her. 

One problem that arises with this challenge is trying to keep the momentum going, as artists often have sudden changes in scheduling & available times. This results in lags in time which causes a drop in activity. Right now, the last artist Elizabeth in MD has finished but a next artist is not available for a few weeks. So, TC & her entourage are enroute back to me for a little visit. I may even paint a new portrait of them before shipping them out again.

This painting from 2012 is actually a combination of acrylic washes & inks and is quite bright & cheerful - and is currently on auction at DPW for a very low price.


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

This is such a cheerful piece, Nancie. I just love it! Thank you so much for my wonderful tree. It arrived safe and sound. Michael likes it too. I think your prices should go up!

Autumn Leaves said...

Not sure if my first comment took, so to speak. This is a delightful and cheery piece! I love the composition and colors too. Thank you for my tree; it arrived safe and sound and is beautiful. Michael likes it too! (I think your prices are way low, my friend. Your art is perfection.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...