Tuesday, June 3, 2014

In Need of Repair


"In Need of Repair"
9x12 acrylic on canvas on hardboard
Available through DPW gallery/auction

There are dozens & dozens of these old barns scattered throughout the country. Some are quite old, and need assorted repairs or fixes. And yet, they still stand - which amazes me. There is a woodworker artist in the upstate art group I belong to. He takes parts of old barns & creates furniture - beautiful work. Here's a link to visit his website - wonderful wood working. I recall him talking at one of the art receptions, about saving barns & wood where he can. It's a skill I admire.

But even if a barn is leaning, or sagging, that doesn't mean it is not useful! There are plenty in need of repair, but they keep on going. Much like people, don't you think? 

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

I never get tired of seeing barns. This one is painted so beautifully. Wonderful colors!!

Autumn Leaves said...

Really a beautiful painting, Nancie. I too love these old barns, often trying to imagine when they were built by strong hands and worked hard. Off to visit your link.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...