Monday, June 16, 2014

In the Sunlight


"In the Sunlight"
12x12 acrylic on canvas on hardboard
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This will be my submission to the ACG challenge this month which is florals. I had a different one in mind, but wound up painting this (when I found out I really had 1 week longer to the deadline than I thought). 

I think this looks even better in person. Those flower petals are just so full of colors and values. The blues are deeper also - the camera just can't seem to capture the vividness of the colors.

This almost has an abstract feel to it - the blocks of orange & red on the flowers are nothing more than shapes. But combined, they create the image of the poppy flowers being hit with sunlight.




1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

They sure do, Nan. That is what I like this especially too and the first thing I noted. Great point of view too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...