Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Barn


"The Barn
9x12 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

There is just something about an old barn that captures our attention - and I love to paint them. They each have a story, or maybe a few stories, to tell. They are dotted all over the countryside, some with holes & roofs partially gone, some still standing tall & serving a purpose. I can't help but think about when they were made, all the wood & labor that went into raising the barn. Today, they are much coveted by farmers & rural homeowners. What does my husband always say "never can have enough storage!" 

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Anything nestled in trees and shrubs is gorgeous to me, but I too love old barns. This is a delight!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...