Friday, May 16, 2014

South Chile Ranch


"South Chile Ranch"
9x12 acrylic on canvas on hardboard
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This month the Virtual Paintout travels to Southern Chile. There isn't a vast area that Google has mapped in Southern Chile, but what is mapped gives many interesting views. This one caught my eye - not really sure why, but I was in the mood to paint a landscape & this fit. The original view can be seen here.

I tried to achieve a more impressionistic style with this. I don't think I fully got to where I wanted to be, but I rather liked how it came out. Each new landscape may well be more impressionistic until I achieve the look I envision. I want to paint with those dabs of paint! I'm getting closer and I feel optimistic. I think I need to work on my mid-level trees a bit more. But I wanted that little building to stand out and I think it does. (I also left the "gate" open to invite you in!)

The VPO visited Chile once before, I think, although it was a more populated area. I will check back to find what I did then - I believe it was a building or 2 (and I have a building sketched for this challenge also; it will be next to paint).





1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

This is wonderful, Nancie! In fact, parts of it look like watercolor work to me and I love that you've achieved that sense with the acrylics. Beautiful location and I think you handled it perfectly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...