Sunday, May 18, 2014

Can you Hear me Now?


"Can you Hear me Now?"
6x8 acrylic on canvas on hardboard
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This month the challenge over at Art Challenge Gallery (ACG) is "Staying Connected" and I had a lot of different ideas for it. What I started out with is not what I ended up with, but that is not surprising. When I do what I call "concept" pieces, I often change. 

I had the idea of painting a collage of phones through the centuries. I knew it would be an ambitious project that I had to get done in a short amount of time, but thought it would be interesting to see them all visually. 

So I started searching the internet for various phones for inspiration - something from the early years, through my teenage years (when phones became part of your body, like a new appendage), to the current day with mobile hand-held devices. 

But while I was searching, I found these. They cracked me up &  totally changed my mind on staying connected. So this little painting is my concept for staying connected - no matter how progressive the world is, people seem to "connect" to the new device by "re-connecting" to the old one! 

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

LOL; a fabulous painting here, Nancie. I love the humor in it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...