Tuesday, May 6, 2014

On the Red Flower


"On the Red Flower"
6x8 acrylic on canvas
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This is the second in the series of small paintings for "Petals & Wings." I assure you that this looks better in person - I find reds so darn difficult to capture with a camera!

But I can say I am having fun with these smaller paintings - although I do have a larger piece (different subject matter) started. I also am looking at a square format, something a bit different - but a bit more geometric, I suppose. Experimenting more these days, and just having a bit of fun.

A third in this series is already on the easel - can't say there will be more of them right away. I may circle back to these types of paintings at a later date. I still have the urge to paint something very large (again). 

I'm so "all over the place" lately - wonder what that means.


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Love to hear that you are experimenting, Nancie. Always fun to do. This red is gorgeous and I love the buts of purple within the petals!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...