Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Fruit Abstract


"Fruit Abstract"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

I don't do many abstracts, but occasionally I like to do a still life in that style. I like how some items can be determined, and while others seem unknown. The background fruit can not be clearly defined, so it is up to the viewer to decide. But the cherries - they can be seen! I'm fond of their stems, especially the single stem sticking straight up. 

Like someone once said when they saw this, "it's all there, and yet, it's not." That's how I like an abstract to be, there & not. Gives the view the chance to decide.
 

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Une très jolie composition. Effectivement à nous de nous approprier certains fruits. Aujourd'hui pour moi ils s'appellent pêches... J'aime les belles nuances de couleurs que vous avez subliment employer et la manière de faire danser les ombres et les lumières.
Une très belle oeuvre.
Gros bisous

Autumn Leaves said...

If I squint my eyes, it comes into beautiful focus too, Nancie. A wonderful piece and great painting of light and shadow too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...