Sunday, March 2, 2014

Brick Steps


Commissioned Piece - NFS
9 x 12 Acrylic on canvas panel

This is a commissioned Home Portrait - but of the 1934 version of the home. Here's the original black & white Image of the home from 1934:


Some of you may recognize this home from a previous home portrait - I did the current version as a vertical closeup - you can see that post by clicking here.

Seems the home is so well loved that the older version was also desired. Much of the challenge with these older versions is that I have to decide what colors to give the home. The current home has a green roof & trim - and I decided to keep that. But the steps are different now - and I new those old steps were probably all in red brick. So I did them as red, then added a few other red spots in the paintIng to tie it all together.

This is one of the most interesting houses I've had to paint. The lines on this are so unique and they add so much character.
-----------------------
Artists Note: I have 3 more home portrait commissions plus 1 pet portrait! I'm thrilled to have this work come in & hope it is an indication of how 2014 will go!

If any of you would like a home portrait, or a pet portrait, done - please email me!





2 comments:

harry said...

HI
I read your post and i appreciate your efforts.The information that you share in the above article is very nice ans useful.All the things that you share with people, are very nice.Thanks for this article

Autumn Leaves said...

It is a darned beautiful home, Nan!! I love this version!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...