Thursday, February 6, 2014

Swiss Cabin


"Swiss Cabin"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through eBay Gallery/Auction

This is another one of my favorite landscape paintings. It was originally painted in 2010 for ADNW challenge (I believe). The original photo was a horizontal format & it showed more of the background mountain & also the building. But I wanted to zoom in on those wooden boards, especially the front shingles. The angle the wall takes, along with the roof lines & supports - loved the building! And doesn't it make you want to wander inside to see what is there?

This is another painting that is now on auction for it's 3rd time on DPW - it will be retired after this auction if it does not sell. So don't miss out!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a cute home this is or would be if it isn't already! I remember this challenge and I love your zoom in. So delightful and located in such a beautiful spot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...