Thursday, January 9, 2014

Red Rooftops - SOLD

"Red Rooftops"
9x12 acrylic on canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction


Day 9 of 365 days

This was actually painted a couple of years ago and I held it aside. It wasn't quite done in my eyes but I didn't know what I wanted to change. So I would look at it periodically and try to decide what it was that I wanted to change.

Fast forward a couple of years and when looking at it quickly I thought "too much green." That's when I got out my brush & quickly changed the roofs from brown (which blended in & was lost) to red (which pops out & is easily seen). 

Now I like it much better. Funny how something so simple can make such a difference. 


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Looks like a fairytale place to live and I personally love the green!

Angela Sullivan said...

Love those red roof tops among all of that green,.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...